Search :                       

QuOTe fEr d" wEEk!!!

I was thinking about how people seem to read the Bible a whole lot more as they get older Then it dawned on me . . . they were cramming for their finals.

Monday, March 12, 2007

I am bored!!!!

Oh MY GOD !!!! (No, The Friends Cast hasnt trademarked this)

What a boring day... what a boring day... actually, more like a useless day... My butt has nevr served more purpose to me than today... I cud actually drop an egg onto my chair n expect it to hatch, considering the amount of time i have spent on this chair... Wow... Uselessness has reached new limits... I hav successfully ventured beyond what no McAlorean has done or will do for sometime to come.

Its not that I am a lazy bum who is working hard (excuse the irony) to avoid hard work... No no no... Infact, last Friday i was here upto two in the mornin (workin -ok Soumya... I kno wat ur perverted mind is thinkin) and if that wasnt enuf, I came here again on Saturday ( fer those non-believers (and also fer those who know me only too well) - i hav eye witnesses u kno... ) ... Nothin much was actually achieved in the duration (that is if you count the lines of code)... wat i did manage to understand was that the work i had done fer the past couple of weeks, was well, pointless to say the least... ( i m trying not to use the word useless in an attempt to boost self morale... :))

So... like they say in the movies (and for quite a while in Microsoft Developer labs)... its back to the drawing board. El Scratcho all the past work and restart from ground zero... :)... he he... its kinda become routine re-iterating the same things in the meeting room

You see, in my previous team, i used to be worried once a week on what i was gonna report as STATUS update... Now, with this new team, which i luv so much (unsurpassed heights of sarcasm here folks), which holds meetings , everyday... I have to reiterate the word zero everyday... Actually, I am slowly mastering the art of making zero sound like 3987.56-3987.5593... Its close to zero i kno, but, i m sure 3987.56 sounds a lot better... Once i have successfully mastered this art, its outta here and try for an MBA (or bein a politician)

In other news, focal is closing in on me (for those souls who are not accustomed to McAfee lingology, focal refers to that point of the year, where the biggest bull-shitter gets the biggest hike in salary... )... Its not for the common man folks... u need to spend hours in front of that PC fillin up a form, written by a half retarded jobless MBA freak (frm whom else can u expect fields like -


Customer Focus (Eng)

Integrity/Ethics

Planning, Organizing and Schedule Estimation

Process Excellence (Eng)

Product & Technical Knowledge (Eng)

Results Focus (Eng)

Software Development

Teamwork, Flexibility and Adaptability (Eng)

Communication

Creativity/Innovation

as goals which each ENGINEER has to write an essay on in no less than 200 words each... Our best developers are rite now tearin the web apart trying to figure out how they cud map any of the work they have done to the fields above... Sounds easy... well... take a minute and pick any two topics out of that and just pen down in say150 words (ya ... i m in a good mood today) ... if u successfully achieve that, well, please mail me its contents... :)... I ll need it.

So... here I am trying to figure out what it is under the sun that I can pen down to make ALL THE WORK I have done (all the three lines of code) and make it sound like it has really turned the company around.... Well, bull shittin is not somethin dat i am new at... Thats how I got in here in the first place... I really do deserve to be a manager dont I (zero work mapped to infinite jargon of complex words, that if you really (and only if you really) analyse will you realise is no different frm our earlier analogy of 3987.56-3987.5593..

wow.... now dats wat u call an analogy

No comments: