Search :                       

QuOTe fEr d" wEEk!!!

I was thinking about how people seem to read the Bible a whole lot more as they get older Then it dawned on me . . . they were cramming for their finals.

Friday, March 23, 2007

Everybody has one...

There is a famous saying, "Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one". Its World Cup season, and the above quotation holds more significance now than it did hold for the last 3 years or for the next three years to come. Its not surprising is it when you are talking about a country of one billion devotees, who worship cricket.

The fact that this is the only team to have seen a REAL LIVE version of the WORLD CUP doesnt exactly help the cause does it. I mean, its probably been a while since the Indian hockey team had a glimpse of the same. Sania Mirza doesnt look to be getting enuf time away from Mohanlal and Malabar Gold Jewellery to play enuf tennis.
Vishwanathan Anand, our only other ray of hope was last seen kidnapped on the premises of NIIT on live TV. Seems a bunch of black coated men think that any Tom, Dick or Harry who walks out of NIIT is good enuf to join the IT race.

He he... wat am I talking abt??? I kno very well, how I got in here... If they were ever looking for software-caliber I would definitely not be in the IT industry folks. I hear, last year, CTS robbed anyone who could spell the word engineer (almost correctly in either English or Tamil) from the Anna University premises. Several children have been reported missing. In one case an 8 year old girl who went to drop a tiffin box to her brother was swept off her feet (the janitor did it) and taken into McAfee Inc. She(then labelled Asst SFTWR Dev Engineer) was sitting in the cubicle next to me , till one fine day I saw her photo in the newspaper:missing (those of who know me wud easily have guessed that it was in Bangalore Times rite next to the Calvin and Hobbes cartoon strip).

I being the good samaritan that I am, immediately reported it to the relevant authorities. U shud hav seen the delite on the face of her parents. I cant really say the same about her though. For reasons beyond me, she actually seemed to be enjoying sittin around in the company, jus browsin around the net and orkut, and getting paid a lot of money. Its almost as if she did not like going to school and doing homework. Strange kid i tell you.

Speaking of kids, i ll wrap up the suspense of our main issue of concern (ya, the one in the last blog that said : "Gee I hope i remember to meet my Vini at FORUM "(b'lore shopping mall)). After several alarms set on my computer, mobile and watch(courtesy cubicle mate) interrupting my busy schedule of hard working (read as perfect blend of orkutting, meebo and pretending to work(considering the upcoming upraisal)) i realised that the ribbon i had tied on my hand was to remind of this very meeting.

Now dis doesnt mean that i was not looking forward to this get together. Far from it, Vini dearest is among my list Top Ten humans i respect the most in this world. A really brave and extremely charming gal. She's had to go thru a lot in life. A lot more than any other i know. And she has kept a brave face thru it all. Seems like nothin can break this little gal. If you meet her, you would definitely say, "This cant be the Vini Rohit is talking about. She is far to cheerful and kiddish for that". Well, that's Vini for you folks. Wat can i say? Some people are born tough. But you dont find many tough ones in such a pretty packaging.

Between... good guess. This girl was my first crush after I came(back) to India. And yes, like all my other previous crushes, she too calls me Bhaiyya. Its like the equivalent of "exit(0)" in computer programming. There is no cleaner escape sequence. Only thing it terminates the parent program (In this case "me") almost instantaneously. Once this set of events has been repeated with one gal, we[most mallu good lookin males ;-) ] pick our selves up and look for the next gal.

(for gal="hotnsmart"; gal > "18 years of age"; gal++)
{
checkoutgal();
meetgal();
if(girl.bhaiyya.muscles > "18 inch biceps")
{
continue; // skip this iteration of the loop
}
elseif(girl.papa == "fond of obscenities" && "walks around with rifle")
{
continue;
}
elseif(girl.callsyou("bhaiyya"))
{
while(brokenhearted)
sleep();

definitelycontinue;
}

if(gal.wantstomarryU)
{
moanAlot();
claimPretentiousResponsibilityToFamily(L"Immediately");
}
elseif(gal.happyAsGalFrnd())
{
keepInMind("There are many good gals out there");
girl.Search("where current grl frnd cant find");
continue;
}
}
}

Chalo... That's enuf for tonite... Gotta watch the India-Sri Lanka match (do you think it is fixed??... Let me know)... Oh and Vini, incase you still dont know, my mobile has been confirmed lost. I cancelled the SIM about 15 minutes after that. Luckily there was a HUTCH shop nearby :)

7 comments:

raghav said...

opinions are like Assholes ?? is that the only singular thing that u could find in your body, look again buddy!!! ?? *grin*

and yeah i think i have seen this so called 'Angel' of urs on ORKUT .. so hope ur rendezvous with her went well ..

Confessions of a Born Procrastinator said...

he he...

finally a comment... umma umma...ya... the rendezvous went pretty well... though it wasnt the longest of get-togethers... :)

sajid said...

"elseif(girl.papa == "fond of obscenities" && "walks around with rifle")"......ringing any bells???...[;)]...

Anonymous said...

Oh sorry, that was a quote i found somewhere.

Confessions of a Born Procrastinator said...

@Sajid

it does more than ring bells bro.. .I can actually hear the rifle bein fired every now and then... [:)]

Confessions of a Born Procrastinator said...

@arun

I wonder whose quote though

Bullshee said...

Wah wah!Gr8 blog!Nice post in particular!Hoping to see more!