Search :                       

QuOTe fEr d" wEEk!!!

I was thinking about how people seem to read the Bible a whole lot more as they get older Then it dawned on me . . . they were cramming for their finals.

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Home Sweet Home

Its been two months since I started writing this blog, and, so far I can see that its been a resounding success. I mean all the readers have been tremendously encouraging. The sheer volume of comments in each post is over-whelming (two in the last and four in the one before). I have been so inspired by my own posts, that I myself have put in 50% of those comments.

The feedback i have recieved in person has been even better. I owe a lot to my room-mates here. They have been very encouragin on this front. Devasssy said, "the other day, I was so bored, I read all your posts that were written in English. It took me a whole 30 seconds. There were the google ads and Chickmaglur trip photos. Couldnt really understand much else"

Funda, not to be outdone, din take long before adding, "Dude, its very true what you write in your posts. 'What am I talking about?'. I dont have any idea, and I dont think many of the other reader's would disagree." (P.S. : This comment was on the post i deleted last week. So, no use searching for it.)

RGC, (ah yes our smart and handsome hero), as is characteristic of him puts it very subtly, "I came to your blog, read one para and clicked on the link to that chick's blog." Dear, RGC, I appreciate your honesty and frankness, but, buddy, you dont have to be completely honest all of the time.

In other news, after a very gruellin 2 months continuous at the office( weekends included), I am finally at HOME SWEET HOME. Before coming home, I did the requisite little shopping from FORUM mall. 3 families of eagerly waiting cousins, who prefer to address me as 'Chocolate evide' (read as Where r the chocolates'),every time I come home, somehow add to the in-evitability of this pit stop. The sheer volume of eye candy didnt also do much to cut down the shopping time to half.

After about an hour of roaming, it came to dawn upon me that none of the girls were actually gonna come up to me and say, "Hi.. I have been noticing you for a while. If you dont mind, would you like to join me for a coffee?". Realising this, i headed straight for the bus stop.

The trip home was very exciting. I couldnt have slept if i wanted to. The guy sitting next to me gave me a as-pleasant-as-poison-ivy-on-christmas kinda smile. 4 years in Calicut(famous for its as-happy-as-gay culture) had taught me that shutting my eyes even for a moment could prove to be a dangerous gamble. The film they had put on wasnt exactly helping the cause... Somehow, 3 guys chasing a frog that supposedly helps them identify, which is the witch out of the two actresses on screen -hmmmm- not my cup of tea.

4 comments:

raghav said...

hey .. why did u delete the previous posts >> hmm .. anyway .. nice that u are home .. better bring me something from home .. I prefer cake .. :D

Confessions of a Born Procrastinator said...

i read somewhere that i shouldnt put up something that mite hurt others feelings ... so.. goin on those lines... will luk up the cake n let u kno..[:)]

Anonymous said...

You crack me up!

Congrats on your two month anniversary and I would certainly welcome you home if you always came with chocolate!

Confessions of a Born Procrastinator said...

he he... coming from an award winner, that's a big compliment... ;)

As far as the chocolates are concerned, there is a clause*. He/She who devoureth the chocolate need feed THE SPONSORER good home food. (Ghar ka khaana)

(the fine print was in white - so u may not have noticed)